Jennifer joined BPS in 2022. She qualified in 2004 having practised in family law since 2001. Previously a Head of a large family team at a regional law firm Jennifer brings with her decades of experience in all family law issues.
Jennifer has been the Law Gazette’s Lawyer of the Week and has been acted in cases which have obtained huge media publicity and government attention.
She is confident and straight – talking in even the most high profile of cases.
She is a member of Resolution and sits on their Practice Standards Panel where she comments on the work of other family solicitors.
Regularly she is instructed on behalf of other fellow solicitors and barristers who appreciate her honest and practical advice.
Jennifer gained fame when she successfully changed the rules relating to soldiers and the holding of their DNA. She embarked on a campaign which had the support of the then Prime Minister David Cameron.
She was the solicitor who successfully obtained a declaration of parentage on behalf a child whose father died in active service with the British Army while deployed in Afghanistan. This case gathered substantial media interest being the most read article online with BBC news that day.
Jennifer has represented Politicians and had to ensure the upmost sensitivity and discretion to ensure the matter remained out of Court.
A career highlight was successfully “persuading” the most popular Sunday newspaper group on a Saturday morning to not print a story about her client the following day, She secured her client’s privacy.
Jennifer is happy to take instructions from all clients in all areas of family law.
Her vast experience in all areas of family law means she has the skills and knowledge to advise and represent in all cases.
Examples of cases Jennifer has been involved in:
- Applications for financial relief which involve complex business structures, multi-national companies, family and charitable Trusts, pre and post marriage acquired assets, inheritance and wider family wealth, property portfolios, overseas properties and inter family financial structures
- Urgent applications to protect worldwide assets including successfully preventing directors to work in companies to preserve assets
- Cases involving multi million pound businesses which have had interlinked Chancery Court proceedings, shareholder and director disputes.
- Jurisdiction disputes
- Applications for Maintenance Pending Suit; ensuring clients have sufficient income to meet their requirements until final settlement
- Cases with ongoing maintenance ( periodical payments) – variation applications and capitalisation of such claims
- Applications to Set Aside transactions made in an attempt to defeat the claims of a spouse
- Intervenor applications
- Cases with interlinked criminal proceedings
- All children act applications including the most serious allegations being raised including rape, hostage situations and all kinds of abuse
- Findings of Fact in Children matter
- Child alienation
- Non molestation ( injunction proceedings) and Occupation Orders
- International children matters including preventing child abductions and successfully rescuing children from Tunisia and Pakistan ( the British Government marked their interest in this case)
- Claims of ‘sham’; when a spouse has manipulated their disclosure to defeat financial claims
- Divorces involving Sharia religious law
- International divorce “Races” to ensure clients best protected by proceedings taking place in England rather than a less favourable country
- Divorces involving properties and businesses overseas, including Europe, America, the Middle East, South Africa including extensive complicated land issues in India.
- Divorces including overseas trusts
- Obtaining expert reports to value companies, company assets, liquidity and income
- Enforcement of Court Orders including Judgement Summons and Committal to Prison
- Variation of Court Orders
- Children matters where the court have prohibited an opponent to not be allowed to make further applications to the court under s91(14) children Act 1989
- Costs assessments
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements and Post Nuptial Agreement including foreign agreements. Represented successfully to uphold and to defeat them
- Cohabitation agreements
- Children matters including applications of removal from the jurisdiction ( a child relocating out of England and Wales ) -successfully obtained and stopped.
- All urgent applications in respect of children including having children returned to a parent, a parent prohibited from taking action including taking a child, specific issues about a child relating to education, health and religion
- Legal services payment application – application for your spouse to pay your legal fees
- Successfully arguing concluded contract and agreements
- Obtaining and challenging medical and other expert evidence in cases
- Annulments of marriage on both the ground of void and voidable reasons
- Desertion cases
- TOLATA – unmarried couples and the division of property assets
- Schedule 1 Children Act 1989 applications – applications in respect of minor children for lump sums and to meet housing needs
- Cases involving a party being in prison, terminally ill, issues with lack of capacity (mental awareness)
- Cases involving the Official Solicitor
- Declaration of parentage
If you would like to meet with Jennifer please contact her Hale office, 0161 926 1430 or Stockton Heath office 01925 91 22 77.
“I would highly recommend you to anyone” – WB of Manchester
“Divorce is never easy but my family and I are going through a hugely emotional and difficult time. I am so grateful to have found Jennifer. Not only did she go the extra mile to ensure my divorce went through as quickly and as smoothly as possible but she also provided great comfort, emotional support and kindness at a time when I needed it the most. She handled my case with sensitivity, professionalism and care. I cannot thank her enough for helping me to expertly navigate my emotional needs as well as our legal needs. Thank you” – CL of Manchester
“Jennifer – a great big thank you for all you have done for me and the boys. Throughout the whole process you have been friendly, supportive and shown great empathy. Your professional advice and guidance has been amazing. During our many conversations you created a cost-effective and complete service to suit my family’s needs. We are so grateful” – ST of Warrington