Joanne joined BPS in 2022, having previously worked for reputable firms across Cheshire and Manchester. Over her years in practice, Joanne has gained a wealth of knowledge and experience and has specialised in the area of family law since the early stages of her legal career.
She has extensive experience in dealing with divorces and the associated matters that come along with the breakdown of a marriage including financial and children disputes. Her experience includes:
- Financial separation involving pensions, companies, properties and also involving international assets located in Spain and South Africa
- Obtaining expert reports to value pension assets and properties; both residential and commercial
- Obtaining expert reports to value companies, company assets, liquidity and income
- Obtaining medical evidence and instructing medical experts such as Consultant Cardiologists in cases where there are health concerns affecting a clients current and future earning capacity
- Applications for Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders where there are issues of domestic violence within the relationship
- Applications for Child Arrangements Orders to determine the living and contact arrangements for the child or children following the separation of their parents
- Applications for Specific Issue Orders where a party wishes to relocate with the child or children of a relationship that has broken down
- Urgent applications for Prohibited Steps Orders to prevent a party from removing a child from the care of another, their nursery or school
- Preparing for and attending Finding of Fact hearings within Children Act 1989 proceedings to determine whether there is any truth in the allegations made against one parent by the other
- Preparation of Change of Name Deeds for both adults and children
- Variation and enforcement of Court Orders
Joanne prides herself on her calm and friendly approach and her willingness to go the extra mile for her clients to ensure that matters are dealt with as quickly and as efficiently as possible. As a result of her own personal experiences, Joanne is able to empathise with those who are facing the seemingly uphill battle of a divorce and understands the importance of knowing the steps that need to be taken and the likely timescales that are involved to see light at the end of the tunnel.
Joanne has formed and maintained strong relationships with various professionals which are invaluable to her clients who are experiencing a divorce, such as Barristers, Queen’s Counsel, Independent Financial Advisers and Mortgage Advisers.
If you would like to meet with Joanne in either the Hale or Stockton Heath office, please contact reception to arrange an appointment on 0161 926 1430 (Hale) or 01925 912 277 (Stockton Heath).
Many thanks once again for having “held my hand” throughout the toughest journey of my adult life. You have been a shining star.