BPS Family Law is open as usual for face to face or virtual meetings
“I have a critical eye with an attention to detail. I have been very impressed by BPS Family Law across the board.
This begins from the cleanliness of the well situated premises, the polite friendly welcome and the smartness of all concerned. This is a particularly difficult time for me. The availability even out of the already long hours, reassurance, understanding, explanations, guidance and billing flexibility have been outstanding; whilst not departing from reality. I cannot imagine a better service.
Caroline is an exceptional individual with an excellent grasp of her subject but not afraid to ask for technical help from other professionals if something is outside of her field. That said, it would need to be non-legal! She is an assiduous player and clearly experienced and confident in the advice she gives and the explanations she provides. Her technical knowledge and execution are inspiring, reassuring and exemplary. Her commercial awareness reflects her years of experience.”
Caroline joined BPS in 2010. She became the first female Partner for the firm (established in 1948) in 2013. Caroline is widely renowned as one of the most sought after divorce and matrimonial finance lawyers in the UK and has become the ‘solicitor of choice’ for representing ultra-high net worth and complex disputes both in the North and South of the country. Listed in the 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Editions of the Legal 500 as a ‘Recommended Lawyer’ and BPS Family Law as a ‘Leading Firm’.
Caroline successfully represent the wife in A v B (No.2) 2018 EWFC 45. This case concerned an application for financial relief made by the husband many years following divorce and concerned the principles of delay and post matrimonial accrual. The husband’s claims were dismissed.
Caroline successfully represented the wife in Moher and Moher  EWCA Civ 1482. This case involved complex issuing surrounding use of matrimonial funds and non-disclosure. The case progressed to the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court, Caroline successfully represented the wife throughout.
Her experience in highly complex cases means Caroline has become the ‘go to’ Solicitor for client’s seeking a robust and knowledgeable divorce lawyer. With experience in the following:-
- Applications for financial relief which involve complex business structures, multi-national companies, family and charitable Trusts, pre and post marriage acquired assets, inheritance and wider family wealth, property portfolios, overseas properties and inter family financial structures within a separation
- Applications for Maintenance Pending Suit; ensuring clients have sufficient income to meet their requirements until final settlement
- Applications to Set Aside transactions made in an attempt to defeat the claims of a spouse
- Intervenor applications
- Claims of ‘sham’; when a spouse has manipulated their disclosure to defeat financial claims
- Divorces involving Jewish religious law
- Divorces involving properties and businesses overseas, including China, the Middle East and South Africa
- Obtaining expert reports to value companies, company assets, liquidity and income
- Enforcement of Court Orders including Judgement Summons and Committal to Prison
- Variation of Court Orders
- Costs assessments
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements and Post Nuptial Agreement
Caroline has experience representing clients in the following Courts:-
- Family Court
- High Court
- Court of Appeal
- Supreme Court
Central to Caroline’s ethos is that she’s available outside of standard working hours. Recognising that many family related issues arise outside of these hours she is regularly known to be taking calls and meeting with client’s late at night, the early hours of the morning and weekends.
Caroline has strong relationships with the very best Barrister’s and Queens Counsel which she considers to be invaluable to her clients. Those relationships enable Caroline to build a case which is hard-hitting from the outset to the conclusion of the proceedings.
Caroline offers bespoke appointments to suit professionals and busy lifestyles; appointments can be made outside of working hours, evenings and weekends.
If you would like to meet with Caroline please contact her Hale office, 0161 926 1430 or Stockton Heath office 01925 91 22 77.